Our Story

Welcome to our site! We are Joanne & Steve. After 20+ years working for a city school department and police department, we sold almost everything, bought an RV, and started living on the road with our three children. Joanne homeschools and works online.
What we have chosen is to live life as unencumbered as we possibly can and to spend time with our family, for our family, and as a family.
This website is a record of our travels. But, we also hope to educate, entertain, and inform others about RVing, roadschooling, and the great places we visit in this country.


Thursday, January 24, 2013

No Time to Read? Be a Juvenile

I like to read.   Reading is awesome.  Reading is something I thought I'd get to do at least 85.7% times more than I ever was able to do.  It doesn't seem to be turning out that way.  I am just as busy living in a camper as I was living in a large house, working full time.  How is that so?

Besides still not having enough time to read, I tend to read several books at once.  Right now, and for the past two years, I have been reading...

With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa  by Eugene Sledge

Helmet for My Pillow  by Robert Leckie

The Science of Jurassic Park and the Lost World: Or, How to Build a Dinosaur  by Rob DeSalle

Why Sh*t Happens: The Science of a Really Bad Day  by Peter Bentley

I DID manage to finish "The Trilogy"...Ladies, you know.

My newest addition is 

Invincible Microbe: Tuberculosis and the Never-Ending Search for a Cure.
     By Jim Murphy and Alison Blank
 

 Why, you ask?  I am a sucker for a great hardcover book, non-ficiton of course, with a brand new, clean, clear, library plastic cover.  I found it in the Juvenile Nonfiction Section.  I was looking for books on Greek Mythology for Ian (he's into the Riordan Series of Percy Jackson...thank you Cheryl) and came across this book.  I thought, hey, I could finish this. It's probably not SO technical that I need to read some paragraphs twice, or three times, but informative enough that I learn something and enjoy reading it.  



So, that's my new plan..  I will now shop in the Juvenile Non-fiction section of the library.  Once I finish these five books, of course.






1 comment:

  1. I'll stick to mysteries, love stories and general no brainers. But then again, I'm old. lol

    I know what you mean about time. When I was working full time, I got much more done. Not as organized as I used to be. Lovin it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. All comments are moderated. Thanks for reading our blog.