Our Story

Welcome to our site! We are Joanne & Steve. After 20+ years working for a city school department and police department, we sold almost everything, bought an RV, and started living on the road with our three children. Joanne homeschools and works online.
What we have chosen is to live life as unencumbered as we possibly can and to spend time with our family, for our family, and as a family.
This website is a record of our travels. But, we also hope to educate, entertain, and inform others about RVing, roadschooling, and the great places we visit in this country.


Monday, October 1, 2012

The Oven Works!


Works!
Since new (two years now), my oven in the Eagle would not stay lit. More precisely, the pilot would not remain ignited. When at the Jayco factory last year, it was on my “fix-it” list; but, I had other issues I wanted fixed as well and focused on those repairs first. Long story short, the oven was overlooked and remained inoperable.
As much as this should have been an inconvenience, it really wasn’t.  In fact, we contemplated taking it out and replacing it with something more important, like a wine fridge.  We also had the world’s best grill (Thanks to mom and dad…and now bequeathed to Jay and Michelle.) on which to cook and bake.


So, we converted the oven to a bread-box and put the oven repair back on the “fix-it” list.  It should be noted that I checked the thermocouple with a multimeter in the past and all checked OK. So, today being a cool damp day, I figured I would take the thermocouple out and just replace it. When I went to disconnect the gas line from the couple, I discovered that the nut was finger loose. Once I tightened this connection I could hear a ‘click’. VOILA!  The pilot light lit.


Now we need to find a new place for our bread…









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. All comments are moderated. Thanks for reading our blog.