Our Story

Welcome to our site! We are Joanne & Steve. After 20+ years working for a city school department and police department, we sold almost everything, bought an RV, and started living on the road with our three children. Joanne homeschools and works online.
What we have chosen is to live life as unencumbered as we possibly can and to spend time with our family, for our family, and as a family.
This website is a record of our travels. But, we also hope to educate, entertain, and inform others about RVing, roadschooling, and the great places we visit in this country.


Monday, October 1, 2012

LED Bulbs

In the past two years, I have had to replace more than half of my halogen ceiling lamps inside my Eagle. The GY6.35 bulbs were blowing out at a rate of one every 3 months; so, I finally bit-the-bullet and ordered 14 LED lamps to replace the halogens. I opted for the “warm white” effect. Initially, I ordered two @ $14.95 and paid an additional $3.90 for shipping. Although the web-store I purchased thru provided dimensions/specifications for the LED lamp I was purchasing, I figured I would just get two at first to make sure they fit with my OEM glass ceiling fixtures. Well the first two arrived today; and they fit and light just like the halogens. The immediate difference I noticed, is the lack of heat that the LED emits. As most of you know, halogens cast off enough heat to badly hurt you if you touch a bulb while lit (or even after a few minutes once it is off – they retain enough heat to fry an egg it seems). So, after successfully installing the first batch of LEDs, I just ordered 12 more to complete the switch-over. Since I spent more than $99.00 on this second order, I received free shipping. The overall cost will be saved in longevity and energy consumption. I highly recommend this “modification”…



http://www.lalightingstore.com/proled-3-6-watt-gy6-35-led-12v-ac-dc/

After testing the old bulb’s temp (158˚) and the new bulb’s temp (70˚), I know we made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. All comments are moderated. Thanks for reading our blog.